When life gets tough, I let my mind escape and try ways to achieve financial freedom. For me this usually focusses on owning a property outright.
I frequently explore ways to achieve this, and my favourite part is searching for the best value properties.
I love searching far and wide for places that offer a fast track way to escape the rat race.
The problem is, I find these gems, and I cannot jump on them as I'm not even near to being able to snap up any of the beautiful diamonds in the rough. It's a harsh reality check most of the time.
Recently, I thought to myself, is there a way to use this energy and passion to help others? I love finding gems, and talking about their potential, online or with friends.
So, that is how this blog has been born. I am not a natural writer, and this is not a blog of genius. It is mostly a place to document the treasures uncovered, but why not share that to help others to achieve their dreams too?!
Today, I scoured the hills of the most remote parts of Scotland. I was driven by the Sunday evening dread, the usual return to work fears, and some sort of hope that I'll come across the perfect escape plan before I go to bed!
This is not an unusual feeling for me and often it follows a particularly bad week at work or, an intense period of time spent with people that test my emotions. So, I find comfort in the dream of packing up the car with just the essentials, and setting off for a far flung remote haven in the hilltops. Somewhere green, with opportunities for self sufficiency and offering more choice and protection from being part of the maddening crowd.
So I'll jump straight in. My favourite today......
Now who doesn't dream of that cute forest cabin?
Set in the intriguing Muir of Ord, Scotland. I say intriguing, because my knowledge of the Highlands is limited and I needed to see on the map the location of this little find. A quick google search told me that the Muir of Ord had a population of 2840 people.....this is a great start for me! The area even has its own henge (Castle Hill Henge).
The property itself is set on almost half acre land. Not bad at all since its a 1 bed, chalet structure. It may not be quite the sanctuary inside (aesthetically at least), but the lounge area provides a view that offers an attractive opportunity to retreat from the chaotic world beyond the rolling glen.
It feels like a steal for £80k, with endless opportunities to create a fresh space. I wonder how it might look with a gentle recovery of the outside panels and structure. I think about how the green space can be can be nurtured to health and the possibility of sustainable living.
The inside, well, that is for the taking. I think central to the space is the doors opening to the balcony. But imagine a sofa that faces the glen. Cosy colours to draw in the seasons outside. Rugs, mood lighting, fire, a space for wine, reading, eating and recharging.
If only I could, I'd be there by the next sunrise!
Comments
Post a Comment